Walmer in Bloom 2021
Published: 02 July 2021
Walmer Town Councillors and volunteers have been working hard to ensure that this year's Walmer in Bloom Gardens competition can be held and judged without breaking any of the Lockdown rules introduced for the safety of the community.
They have also agreed to continue with the popular and highly appreciated annual hanging of almost sixty carefully chosen flower baskets from lampposts along the Strand.
Cllr Sue Le Chevalier, Chair of the Walmer in Bloom Committee commented: "We have all been though very difficult and worrying times and the committee felt that it wanted to do everything it could to continue the competition and the flower baskets this year.
Last year, the Chairman of the Walmer in Bloom Committee, Cllr Sue Le Chevalier commented that ‘The residents of Walmer always make a dynamic impact on the local scenery, whether it is with carefully sculpted flower beds or vibrant cascading hanging baskets and containers.’ This year, the Committee hope that residents will make an extra special effort as was gratefully respected last year, so watch out for the judges touring Walmer in July, selecting front gardens for ‘Commended’ certificates or entry into the final round of judging.
Categories for 2021 are: -
· Business and Other Organisations – Lower, Middle and Upper Walmer;
· Front gardens (residential) – Lower, Middle and Upper Walmer;
· ‘Best small garden’– Lower, Middle and Upper Walmer;
· Best Container (basket/tub/window box) – Lower, Middle and Upper Walmer;
· Best Wildlife Friendly Garden – Lower, Middle and Upper Walmer
· Best overall Container receives the Walmer in Bloom Chairman Award.
· Best overall garden receives the Walmer Parish Council Trophy
The Committee also carries out the maintenance of floral planters, located throughout the Town, and hanging floral displays, erected at the end of May, along the seafront and The Strand.
If you would like to sponsor this year’s Walmer in Bloom Campaign or obtain further details about the Local Garden Competition, then contact the Town Office on 01304 362363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org